Domestic Ozone Water Purification
Ozone (O3), one of nature’s basic elements, is a very powerful disinfecting and deodorizing gas consisting of oxygen (O2) with an extra oxygen atom attached, therefore becoming ozone (O3). When oxygen in the air is exposed to high intensity ultraviolet rays, ozone is created (such as our sun creating the ozone layer). When ozone does it’s job, it oxidizes by giving up and attaching it’s extra oxygen atom to anything that can be oxidized. Once this process occurs, the ozone molecule becomes oxygen. Thus, the only by-product of ozone is pure oxygen. In fact, ozone reverts to pure oxygen quite rapidly and naturally: The half life of ozone in air is on the order of hours and on the order of minutes when dissolved in water. Additionally, ozone dissolves over 12 times more readily into water than pure oxygen, then reverts to oxygen, providing hundreds of times more dissolved oxygen in your water than could otherwise be possible. This high oxygen content of your water provides many of the benefits made possible with the Triple O system.
The benefits of Ozone
Municipal water companies have used ozone technology to treat large quantities of water for many years because of its effectiveness in purifying and conditioning water.
Triple O Systems has selected ozone technology for use in treating well/tank water because of its unique properties to:
- Kill bacteria on contact thousands of times faster than chlorine or bromine.
- Kill virus on contact.
- Kill algae spores, fungus, mold and yeast spores.
- Precipitate heavy metals.
- Remove excess iron, manganese, and sulfur by a process known as micro-flocculation, thus conditioning the water naturally without chemical additives.
- Remove color and odor, leaving a fresh, healthy bouquet.
- Reduce scale build-up on equipment such as pipes and water heaters, and staining of showers, sinks, bathtubs and toilets
- Ozone leaves no residue, it’s only by-product is pure oxygen.